2018 Truckee River Tour
16TH ANNUAL TRUCKEE RIVER FIELD STUDY COURSE
Tour Leader: Terri Svetich
Guest Speakers from UCD, TMWRF, Truckee River Watershed Council, Pyramid Lake Tribe, TMWA, US Fish & Wildlife, Bureau of Reclamation and the Nature Conservancy
This two-day field course will cover:
- Current drought conditions
- Hydrology and flow regulation under the Orr Ditch Decree and Truckee River Agreement
- Water quality trends and remediation, including aquatic invasive species
- Endangered & threatened fish
- Hydropower generation
- Riparian habitat restoration
- Flood control enhancement
- Legal issues and efforts to negotiate solutions
- The newly implemented Truckee River Operation Agreement (TROA).
Qualifies for 15 hours of continuing education credit for Nevada engineers and water right surveyors. Attorneys and others may get credit if approved by their licensing agency.
This is a full two-day field course by bus, covering the entire length of the Truckee River. Space permitting, there is flexibility for individuals to sign up for one day only. Seating is limited, and there is a moderate amount of walking involved.
Thursday, May 3
Friday, May 4, 2018
7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.,
*Lunch is included
$250 NWRA Members
$290 Non Members
Meeting Place for Start of Tour:
Registration check-in will take place Registration check-in will take place at the Renaissance Reno Downtown Hotel (formerly the Sienna), 1 Lake Street, Reno, NV 89501. There is parking on Mill Street, one block east of the hotel, where it is not metered.
Header photo by LEO DROZDOFF